Hi, I'm Xinyue Chen. I am currently a third-year PhD candidate at Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, supervised by Prof. Xu Wang. Previously, I received my B.S. in the Department of Information Management from Peking University , advised by Prof. Pengyi Zhang
I designed and developed human-AI collaborative tools to support remote and hybrid communication and collaboration in both professional and educational settings. I aim to enhance synchronous communication and collaboration by scaffolding individuals' comprehension and facilitating collective sense-making with the support of AI. I designed novel communication techniques to enhance inclusive, equitable, and accessible meeting experiences. These tools were designed to amplify marginalized voices, such as promoting active participation from underrepresented groups in STEM education or ensuring shared understanding among hearing and hard-of-hearing (DHH) users in mixed-hearing scenarios.
I'm actively seeking for HCI research internship!
- [Oct 2023] We will present our paper "MeetScript: Transcript-based Interactions Give People Additional Participation Channels in Group Video Meetings"in CSCW2023, Oct18 9:00 am
- [Oct 2023] We will present our paper "My Culture, My People, My Hometown: Chinese Ethnic Minorities Seeking Cultural Sustainability by Video Blogging" is conditionally accepted in Oct18 9:00 am!
- [July 2022] We'll present our paper "Scaling Mixed-Methods Formative Assessments(MixFA) in classrooms through a clustering pipeline" in AIED'22!
- [May 2022] We'll present our Late-breaking-work on understanding surgical attending-redisent intraoperative coordination in CHI'22!
- [April 2022] Our paper on scaling Mixed-Methods Formative Assessments(MixFA) in classrooms through a clustering pipeline got accepted to AIED'22! More details to come soon!
- [March 2021] Excided to decide to join UMich CSE this fall to pursue my PhD in HCI, advised by Prof. Xu Wang.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Paper
Late-Breaking Work/ Posters/ Workshops
SALT Lab, University of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Research Intern, Feb 2020 - April 2021
Mentor: Yun Huang
Topic: Understanding the new trend and practice in video community in China.
Department of Information Management, Peking University
Undergraduate Student, Sep 2017 - July 2021
Supervior: Pengyi Zhang
Received Bachelor's Degree (with Honors) at PKU.